Friday, May 25, 2007

Featured Contributor - Greenwillow

Rawr. I need something soothing to calm my nerves! Everything is so stressful right now. Perhaps you know the feeling? Maybe looking at some pretty Etsy things would help. Luckily, I've found the right shop for that! Enter, Greenwillow!

Flower Notecards, set of 4

1) Your shop name:Greenwillow
2) Your real name:
Ann Todd
3) Your favorite breakfast cereal:
Cheerios
4) When did you begin creating?:
I've always loved to create. I began designing and sewing doll clothes as a child. I've always have loved crafts of any kind--just doing things with my hands. I have always enjoyed making my own cards and creations. I added art photography about 5 years ago.
5) Got a day job?:
I've been retired almost 4 years ago from career in National Retail Advertising for a newspaper.
6) Your inspirations:
Anything beautiful--including my grandchildren.

Flower Fairy


7) Creation that you are most proud of:
My daughter's wedding dress and her professional acapella singing group 19th century costume.
8) Explain your shop name:
Greenwillow is the name of a street we built a house on years ago. My husband picked the street name from a record jacket. My daughter lives there now, and she and I began a craft business about 5 years ago and named it after that street.
9) Final thoughts?
I create to make myself happy and others happy. I've always loved to create gifts for others, thinking that when they saw my creations for them, they would feel my love for them. When anyone actually likes something of mine enough to buy it, I am still thrilled.

Stitched vine pictures (pair)

Please go visit Greenwillow, and keep checking back for more interviews with amazing Etsy sellers!


feature written by lessthanthreedesigns

4 comments:

KreatedbyKarina said...

I love the fact that you took the time to make this blog to advertise all of us Etsy sellers!

Lani Robertson said...

What a great interview, and a great shop! I just LOVE Etsy - all of the sellers/shop owners are GREAT! I have my own little shop on Etsy as well - www.lanisvintage.etsy.com

Lani ;)

pinkmilk said...

Great idea! Thank you for taking the time. I will link from my blog :)

AncaNY said...

Love your blog.

I wonder what your criteria for choosing stores to feature is. I am thinking of doing the same thing and I need some ideas.

My store is www.AncaNYetsy.com